The Salesforce Winter ’19 release is quickly approaching, so it’s time to do a recap of my favorite features coming up in the new release. Here are my top 6 picks for the Winter ’19 release including density settings, list view sharing with groups and background utility items for Lightning apps.
1. Change Your View with Display Density Settings
You now have more control over how you want to view your data without changing the layout! Select one of these two new Lightning Experience display density settings as the default and let your users choose their own display density at any time from under the profile menu.
The Compact setting has labels to the left of fields, less space between page elements and fits 30% more fields on the page.
2. Check a Field’s References Before You Edit It
Now you can see the references to a custom field, such as in a report or formula, with the click of a button. You can also communicate changes to others who use the field in a formula or other context.
3. Collaborate with Ease with List View Sharing
Have a list view with an amazing set of filters that you’d love to share with your team? Or maybe you have a list view that you only want a select few to access. Take collaboration to the next level by sharing your list views with user groups in your org.
4. Use Background Utility Items to Add Functionality to a Lightning App
Add functionality to your Lightning apps without cluttering the user experience! Background utility items run without a visible entry in the utility bar.
Here are a couple things you can do with background utility items:
- Add custom shortcuts
- Listen for events, like chat notifications, and notify the user
- Capture data on how your service agents or sales reps spend their time interacting with customers
- Enforce console tab limits
5. Edit Joined Reports with Lightning Report Builder
Work with joined reports in Lightning Experience’s modern interface and take advantage of Lightning Experience’s productivity-improving features like report run page filtering. Edit joined filters, groups (including cross-block groups), and columns with the Lightning report builder.
6. Find the Data You Need in a Jiffy with List View Search
Use the new search bar to search the field data in your list views and find the records you need in record time.